15 September 2020, Brussels, Belgium: The EHDEN Consortium would like to invite all data custodians of Electronic Health Records, Claims, Hospital and Registry data across Europe to participate in its open call, supporting the mapping of their data to the OMOP common data model. The ambitions of the EHDEN project are high as we aim to standardise more than 100 million patient records across Europe from different geographic areas and different data sources over the coming five years. Mapping of healthcare data to the OMOP-CDM will facilitate the re-use for a variety of purposes, enhancing and accelerating research and healthcare decision-making for global benefit.
Following the first, pilot call in September 2019, and the COVID-19 call in May this year, EHDEN is now working with 43 Data Partners, and following two parallel calls, 26 trained and certified Small-to-Medium Enterprise-sized (SME) companies across Europe. We hope to continue to grow this collaboration with our next call, and subsequent calls throughout the duration of the project.
This is already contributing to scientific outputs with regards to collaborative research studies and study-a-thons, inclusive of COVID-19, responding to the current pandemic. This call is a general call across therapeutic areas and diverse types of health data.
Data Partners can benefit from up to a maximum of €100 000 funding that will be made available via a €17 million “Harmonisation Fund” that subsidises conversions to the OMOP-CDM performed by EHDEN-certified SMEs. The current call has a €2 million budget. To find out more about our Harmonisation fund and how we determine the size of the grants, please go to our Harmonisation Fund page.
By becoming a Data Partner in the EHDEN community you will:
- Facilitate scientific collaboration, and the connection with peers and their learnings by becoming part of a thriving academic/medical network and community.
- Boost opportunities to participate in international studies for larger academic impact.
- Improve interoperability; expand the value of your data by enabling its re-use across a wide range of analytic use cases.
- Receive financial support for uptake, extension and validation of mappings (EHDEN grants).
- Increase visibility for your data, expanding opportunities to be approached for sponsored studies helping long-term sustainability of the data source with stable revenue streams.
- Increase capability for analysis thanks to a host of open source tools. Quickly and consistently design and perform studies (cohort definition, etc.).
- Increase transparency of analyses and reproducibility, enabling studies to be easily ‘transposed’ to other data sources for multiplied impact (e.g. in publications).
- Perform studies faster.
The current open call will run from September 15 to October 13 2020, and is the third call in a continuous series of calls. More information on this 3rd open call for data partners on our website. The EHDEN Consortium is looking forward to your potential application and to collaborate with you.