The International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology’s virtual ICPE 2021 conference, Real Evidence for the Real World, ran from 23-25 August. It proved to be a particularly strong showcase for EHDEN/OHDSI partners, whose contribution included five symposia/workshops; twelve presentations; and nine posters. This covered topics such as real-world evidence in COVID-19, vaccines, bioethics, drug safety, medical devices, prediction modelling, and many more.
It was also announced during the conference that EHDEN Research Co-Ordinator and OHDSI Titan Awardee Dani Prieto-Alhambra will represent Academics from Europe/Africa in the ISPE Board of Directors 2021-2022.
“EHDEN and OHDSI colleagues generating real-world evidence that resulted in twenty-six presentations at the ICPE21 is a testament to our amazing community. It also underscores the tremendous spirit of collaboration that is so essential to speeding up answers in real-world health research,” said Dani Prieto-Alhambra.
The ISPE are only making presentations available to conference attendees, but feel free to review the names/topics below and drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can follow up with one of the authors and provide you with a copy.
- Patrick Ryan (Bioethics)
- Dani Prieto-Alhambra (RWE in COVID-19)
- Marc Suchard (Vaccines)
- Asieh Golozar (External controls)
- Paul Coplan (Medical devices)
- Albert Prats-Uribe (COVID study-a-thon)
- Katia Verhamme and Peter Rijnbeek (Ranitidine and other histamine2-receptor antagonists drug utilisation study)
- Annika Jödicke, Cheryl Tan and Dani Prieto-Alhambra (2 separate drug safety studies using self-controlled case series methods)
- Jenny Lane (Bariatric surgery)
- Mimi Guo, Sara Khalid, Vicky Strauss and Dani Prieto-Alhambra (Disease risk scores vs propensity scoring)
- Mike Du, Sara Khalid, Vicky Strauss and Dani Prieto-Alhambra (Medical device epidemiology)
- Jenny Lane (Rare disease Dupuytren’s contracture)
- Xintong Li, Anna Ostropolets, Patrick Ryan, George Hripcsak, Dani Prieto-Alhambra, et al (Vaccine adverse events of special interest)
- Anna Ostropolets, Xintong Li, Patrick Ryan, George Hripcsak, Dani Prieto-Alhambra, et al (Vaccine adverse events of special interest rates)
- Dani Prieto-Alhambra (Atopic eczema and fractures)
- Stephen Fortin and Martijn Schuemie (Large-scale propensity scoring)
- Aniek Markus, Ed Burn, Peter Rijnbeek, Katia Verhamme and Dani Prieto-Alhambra (Drug Utilisation Study EHDEN)
- Junqing Xie and Dani Prieto-Alhambra (Polypharmacy in UK Biobank)
- Junqing Xie and Dani Prieto-Alhambra (Free text processing of medicines use in UK Biobank)
- Dani Prieto-Alhambra (Prediction modelling in hip fracture patients)
- Peter Rijnbeek, Christian Reich, Dani Prieto-Alhambra, et al (e-core – a network funded by European Medicines Agency to do pharmacoepi studies for covid therapies)
- Peter Rijnbeek, Christian Reich, Dani Prieto-Alhambra, et al (e-core proof of concept study)
- Dani Prieto-Alhambra et al (Fractures following anti-hypertensive therapy initiation)
- Leena Elhussein (Drug utilisation of bisphosphonates in elderly, frail people)
- Cheryl Tan, Dani Prieto-Alhambra, et al (Acute kidney Injury following anti-hypertensive therapy in elderly, frail people)