Below is a summary of the most important aspects related to the Data Partner pilot call. More detailed information can be found in the draft Data Partner Pilot Call Description document.
The European Health Data and Evidence Network (EHDEN) invites Data partners in Europe to apply for funding to map their health data to the OMOP common data model (CDM). The ambitions of the EHDEN project are high. We aim to standardise more than 100 million patient records across Europe from different geographic areas and different data sources. Mapping of such data to the OMOP CDM will facilitate their use for a variety of purposes, enhancing and accelerating research and healthcare decision-making for global benefit.
Data Partner pilot call - Timeline and approach
This Data Partner pilot call is the 1st call in a series of calls. The current draft of the call description is open for public review. This allows the EHDEN project to optimize procedures and clarify the pilot call text if deemed necessary. We invite all interested Data Partners to pre-register and provide feedback using the Feedback Form before Aug 15th 2019 17:00.
Following the public review of the call description, the Data Partner pilot call will open between Sept 1th 9:00 am and Sept 15th 17:00 pm.
Why should you apply?
Below we list key reasons why we believe a Data Partner may wish to apply to EHDEN. For more details related to each of these key values, we refer to the call description document.
- Easier scientific collaboration through a thriving community
- Boost opportunities to participate in international studies for larger impact
- Improved interoperability adds value to your data
- Financial support for uptake, extension and validation of mappings
- Increased visibility for your capacity
- Enhanced capability for study design and analysis thanks to a host of open source tools
- Increased reproducibility and transparency of analyses
- Faster performing studies for accelerated research
- Federated approach allows to retain full control of the data
- Support your own decision-making processes by easily characterising and visualising your data
- Platform for training of young researchers and new staff
- Framework to demonstrate reliability and utility of observational data analyses
- Improve your readiness for a new research environment and evidence generation framework
In addition, we highly recommend watching the EHDEN webinars which include conversations with researchers and data custodians that are already part of this exciting journey (Webinars). The presentations given at the OHDSI Symposia might also offer a valuable source of information (OHDSI Europe and OHDSI) if you want to become more familiar with the vibrant community.