The 7th and LAST open call for European data partners is now CLOSED and ran until 11th November (17:00 CET). EHDEN is delighted to partner with Health Data Research UK for this call.
Established in April 2018, HDR UK is the UK’s national institute for health data science (www.hdruk.ac.uk). Its mission is to unite the UK’s health-relevant data to enable discoveries that improve people’s lives. It convenes the UK Health Data Research Alliance (https://ukhealthdata.org/) that currently includes over 70 custodians and curators of data, including a network of health data research hubs. HDR UK is also responsible for the development and delivery of the Health Data Research Innovation Gateway (https://healthdatagateway.org/) which provides metadata on over 780 datasets to help data discovery.
Following 6 open calls to date of a series of 7, EHDEN is now working with 166 Data Partners in 27 countries, and following four parallel calls, 64 trained and certified Small-to-Medium Enterprise-sized (SME) companies across Europe. We hope to continue to grow this collaboration throughout the duration of the project.
Data Partners can benefit from up to a maximum of EUR100,000 funding (GBP85,000 in the UK via HDR UK) that will be made available via a EUR15 million EHDEN “Harmonisation Fund” for the duration of the project, and up to GBP300,00 for this call from HDR UK, that subsidises conversions to the OMOP CDM performed by EHDEN-certified SMEs. The current call has a EUR1.34 million combined budget. To find out more about our Harmonisation Fund and how we determine the size of the grants, please go to our Harmonisation Fund page.
Detailed information on all aspects of this call can be found in the Data Partner Call Description document.
For this 7th Data Partner call our preferences for applications were as follows:
- All applications are welcome
- Applications from countries not yet (or minimally) represented in the EHDEN Network will be especially welcome
- Applicants can consult our Data Partners page for a complete view of the current EHDEN Data Partners, so that they can assess how evaluators may perceive their added value for the Network
- We are highly interested in the following types of data sources, but not exclusively:
- Large, national and regional datasets
- Datasets with granular data will also be especially welcome
- Datasets with longer term follow up, and in-patient data
- Including, but not exclusively Patient Outcomes, e.g., PROs/PREMs/HRQoL
- Including, but not exclusively Claims, resource utilization
- Including, but not exclusively Registries, small rich datasets
- Specific interest for this call (but not exclusively):
- All therapeutic areas will be considered
The Data Partner call document refers to two more documents:
- a template of the code of conduct for the reviewers which can be found here
- a sub-grant agreement for Data Partners which can be found here
Results of this call will be public in December 2022.