BIOMERIS (BIOMEdical Research Informatics Solutions) is a spin-off company of the University of Pavia; our team has more than 10 years of experience in healthcare & life-sciences data integration & harmonization projects.
We are already working on harmonizing data sources towards OMOP: we are involved in a collaboration to map several EU National Registries towards the CDM.
In our projects we have worked on disparate data sources (including EHRs, Claims, Registries, Labs and Therapies management), made accessible in different ways (Database access, HL7 messaging, Excel exports, …). Thus we are experienced in harmonizing from the most adopted medical dictionaries (e.g. SNOMED, ICD9/10, LOINC, ATC and RxNorm). Our background in Biomedical Informatics has always been fundamental to work efficiently both with medical and IT stakeholders.
We collaborate with more than 40 among Research Hospitals, Pathology Networks, Local Health Agencies, Research Institutes and Pharmaceutical Companies.
- UNI EN ISO 9001:2015 certified.
- Our quality management system is supported by an IT solution for tracking all the internal activities.
- Our harmonization processes are GDPR-compliant.
- We are active members of the i2b2 tranSMART Foundation.
- We support different free/open source platforms for registries and clinical studies.
- We are experienced in medical Natural Language Processing (Italian and English language).
- We support different enabling technologies to manage clinical collaboration networks.
Among our technical skills:
- Databases (PostgreSQL – Oracle – MS SQL Server – MySQL – MS Access – FileMaker)
- Statistical programming (R – Matlab)
- ETL frameworks (Mirth connect – PENTHAO)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure)